Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can occur when a person experiences a traumatic event or series of events. They may be left with trauma symptoms that either remain severe or worsen over time. PTSD is not always obvious, and it doesn’t manifest in exactly the same ways for every person.
PTSD can lead to considerably impaired functioning and life disruption. When a person experiences something that results in trauma and begins suffering from symptoms of that trauma, PTSD can be diagnosed.
However, there is help, healing, and hope available. Reach out to our professional mental health treatment team at Illumination Mental Health at 747.285.7504 to learn more.
Who Can Benefit from Our PTSD Treatment Program in Los Angeles, CA?
Even though every person is unique, there are some symptoms that are shared between people with PTSD. The negative effects of this condition can be pervasive, disruptive, and significant.
Trauma can manifest itself in the physical body, and those traumatized can feel unsafe inside themselves. The past for them is still very much alive and can take the form of gnawing inner discomfort.
Anyone who feels like this and experiences symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder can find the help they need and deserve with our inpatient PTSD treatment program in Los Angeles, CA.
Symptoms of PTSD
When a person is unable to resolve their trauma, they can suffer from physiological and psychological symptoms, some of which can include:
- Recurring nightmares that are vivid and very realistic
- Chronic pain
- Hypervigilance and paranoia
- Uncontrollable and sudden feelings of anger, anxiety, or terror
- Thoughts of suicide
- A deeply impaired ability to function
- Inability to remember important aspects of the traumatic event
- Recurrent and intrusive memories of the traumatic event
- Negative emotional states
- Feelings of detachment from others
- Dissociative reactions, such as flashbacks
- A significantly diminished interest in activities that were once enjoyable
- Irritable behavior
- Difficulty concentrating and focusing on tasks
- Behavior that is self-destructive and reckless
- A persistent inability to experience positive emotions
- Negative expectations and beliefs about themselves, the world, and others
People diagnosed with PTSD are not the only ones affected by this condition. Spouses, children, and even coworkers can be deeply impacted when a loved one is suffering from PTSD.
Left untreated, PTSD can cause job loss, major depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, broken marriages, and even suicide.
Treatment Goals at Our PTSD Treatment Center in Los Angeles, CA
When guests come to Illumination Mental Health for help for their post-traumatic stress disorder, they will have access to the very best, most sincere professionals available anywhere.
As a leading inpatient PTSD treatment center in Los Angeles, CA, Illumination offers comprehensive, personalized care from the minute you step through our door.
Treatment goals for our guests with PTSD are carried out through customized treatment plans, each of which is uniquely tailored to the guest’s needs. Our ultimate goal is to help you focus on healing as you start the best path to recovery.
While each guest has goals that are unique to them, there are also common goals for PTSD treatment that include:
- Gaining control of your emotions
- Significantly reducing stress and anxiety
- Lessening mood swings
- Restoring self-esteem and self-confidence
- Eliminating nightmares and flashbacks
- Improving your outlook on the world, others, and yourself
- Restoring your sense of safety and happiness
By committing to ongoing care with our inpatient treatment program, you can recover and live a healthier, happier life.
Choose Illumination Mental Health as Your PTSD Treatment Center
Our experienced, compassionate team is here to help you every step of the way to recover from post-traumatic stress disorder. We will help you with a variety of therapeutic modalities and stand ready to go on the journey with you. Reach out to us at Illumination Mental Health now at 747.285.7504.